The Hartford LTD Claims Lawyers
Long Term Disability Attorneys; Pursuing Benefits for You
The Hartford insurance company offers insurance coverage to millions of individuals across the country. Among those millions of people, a large percentage receives coverage for long term disability in the event that they are unable to work for extended periods because of a serious injury or disability. While the company offers the coverage, it does not always extend the benefits its clients are entitled to; many individuals who make claims for long term disability benefits are denied or offered reduced payments. Having a disability attorney who has worked with The Hartford is paramount to collecting the benefits you deserve.
At the law firm of Burke Harvey, LLC, we believe that insurance companies should stay true to the contract they entered when you purchased your coverage. With more than 50 years of experience, our LTD claims attorneys have the knowledge and skill needed to help you pursue the benefits you are entitled to under your long term disability plan offered by The Hartford.
Detailed Advice during the Your Quest for Benefits
While you may be able to file your initial claim for long term benefits alone, having our assistance can dramatically improve your chances of obtaining approval on the first try. Working closely with you, we will offer advice on the many steps in the claims process, including:
- Gathering necessary documents, including medical bills, bank statements and pay stubs
- Obtaining doctorsâ€™ opinions on your condition
- Understanding and completing the claims form
- Filing your claim in the manner that offers the best chance of approval
Unfortunately, even claims that clearly demonstrate your condition and qualification for benefits may be denied. A denial is not the end of your quest for benefits, however; you have the right to appeal the decision through an internal application process with The Hartford, or by filing an ERISA lawsuit to have your case reviewed by a federal judge.
Our NationalÂ long term disability attorneys will assist you in preparing your appeal, and will offer advice on the several steps in the process, including:
- Understanding the reason for your denial
- Acquiring additional documents or information to file the appeal
- Completing the appeals paperwork
- Filing your appeal within the allotted time frame
- Filing a lawsuit under the ERISA act
- Preparing your case for review by a federal judge during the ERISA suit
Contact our office online or call 888-880-9046 to schedule a free consultation to discuss your specific concerns with one of our LTD insurance lawyers.